Efficiency & Performance
We offer the most advanced ENERGY STAR qualified windows and entrance systems, manufactured in the most environmentally responsible manner at our award winning Clearly Green facilities. All of our products meet the highest ISO 9001 quality standards and have surpassed industry recognized safety programs.
We are members of the Insulated Glass Manufacturers Association (IGMA), ABSDA, WRLA and Fenestration Canada. We manufacture our products to the highest industry standards that meet and exceed the requirements of the building code under several certification standards, including CSA, NFRC and ENERGY STAR.
We have set the standard of excellence in window and door performance. There is an inherent sense of commitment to quality in all that we do, thereby guaranteeing comfort and reliability with every window and door we make.
We inspect our products throughout the manufacturing process, including a 100% final inspection before they leave our facility.
Kohltech has windows that have achieved the rigorous certification standard of the Passive House Institute US. Below is an outline of the Passive House standard. A Passive House is essentially a super insulated house that exceeds most existing standards relating to energy usage.
Conserving energy is important for you, and for us. That’s why we offer a wide variety of high performance glass options that will help increase your home’s energy efficiency including Low-E Argon, Energlas®, Energlas Plus®, and High Solar Gain (HSG) Glass.
For more information on our various energy efficient glass options, click here to download our detailed PDF
Keep your new windows and entrance system looking great and working great for many years. All windows and doors must be maintained properly to ensure trouble free use. All moving parts should be lubricated at least once per year and dust, dirt and lint buildup should be removed with a clean cloth. Your warranty may be void if proper product care and maintenance is not followed.
- Window Installation Instructions (Window Label)
- Window Installation Instructions – Step by Step
- Door Installation Instructions (Door Label)
- Tilt & Slide Installation Instructions
- Tilt Turn Installation Instructions
- Recommended Tools and Supplies (not provided) for Installation
- Installation Considerations for Windows & Entrance Systems
- Recycling & Disposal Procedures of Windows & Entrance Systems
- Shape Offset Reference Drawing
We provide an extensive list of our cross sections, which can be found in our resource section as bundles.
You can also click here to jump to our Cross Sections page
Not all windows and doors are made the same. When comparing products, you can ensure the product claims are accurate by confirming performance ratings and energy efficient claims at these industry websites:
- The ENERGY STAR rating ensures that each product that earns the label is independently certified to deliver the quality, performance, and savings that consumers have come to expect. Learn more about ENERGY STAR here: Canada | United States
- Our Windows and Entrance Systems are evalutated and certified by the comprehensive standards of the CSA Group. They ensure that our products meet, or exceed, the standards set in Canada and the US. More on the CSA Group standards for windows and doors can be found here.
- Canadian Green Building Council
- IGMA – Insulating Glass Manufacturers Association
- NFRC – National Fenestration Rating Council
- ABSDA – Atlantic Building Supply Dealers Association
- WRLA – Western Retail Lumber Association
- Fenestration Canada
- ISO 9001:2008 Certified
- Passive House
- AAMA – American Architectural Manufacturers Association